How it works:
Take a bike away for the day on a test ride to understand and enjoy its full benefits, feel how it rides and confirm it is what you are looking for. A test ride of any bike is invaluable but a great option for an E-bike or Full Suspension Mountain Bike. Take a Mountain bike around Hicks Lodge, Sherwood Pines or even Cannock Chase to feel the full benefits of a quality frame and components, different travel, dropper seat posts etc.
If you are interested in booking a test ride then we recommend you contact us first, to discuss the options and availability. We have Low Step-Through, Hybrid and Mountain Bikes available from Scott, Cannondale, Merida, EBCO and Pulse. We also have Bike Boxes available to rent, see details below.
E-Bikes & Full Suspension Mountain Bikes:
24-hr test ride/hire £39.99, (refunded in full when you purchase a new e-bike).
48-hr test ride/hire £49.99, (refunded in full when you purchase a new e-bike).
If you are looking for a new bike but not sure which bike to choose, perhaps you would like to try a Gravel or Cyclocross bike or feel the difference between Carbon and alloy, then a test ride is the best option. We stock many premium bike brands including Cannondale, Scott and Merida with a carefully selected range of demo bikes from each manufacturer.
24-hr test ride/hire £29.99
48-hr test ride/hire £39.99
Bike Models Available:
From £39.99 per day
Scott E-Scale 920
£39.99 per day
Cannondale Carbon FSI Lefty
From £39.99 per day
Merida Silex Gravel
From £29.99 per day
£39.99 per day
From £29.99 per day
£50 per day
From £6 per day
Bike Box Hire:
As more and more of us are travelling abroad with our bikes they need protecting during transport. Whether you are flying or driving and hard case for you road or mountain bike is a very good idea. Bike boxes can be hired for any number of days, please contact us to check availability and a quote.
Up to 7 days – £30.00 low season, £45 peak season
7 to 14 days – £60.00 low season, £80 peak season
Requirements For Bike Hire:
The following are essential and what you will need on the day of collection – you won’t be able to demo a bike without them:
1) Photo ID (driving licence or passport). We’ll keep your ID safe during your ride, and you can pick it up when you get back.
2) Credit Card. For security reasons, we may ask for a pre-authorisation (deposit) of up to £1000 on your card.
Please wear normal riding gear and appropriate footwear. We can provide flat pedals although you may prefer to bring your own. If you’re using shoes with cleats, please bring along your own pedals.
If you damage a bike while you’re demoing it, we’ll repair it and charge you at cost
Some things to note:
Please remember that you are responsible for returning the bike in a reasonable condition and we would ask that you stick to riding terrain for which the bike was designed; if you are in any doubt our team will be happy to advise you which routes would be most suitable.
We’ll take 1p (verified by chip and pin) from your card and retain your IDs during the test ride. We’ll then ask you to fill out a quick form and read and agree to some basic ground rules.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all people using a demo bike provided by Cyco-Doctor Ltd (Cycling 2000) Completion of a booking from acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. The rider is fully responsible for their actions whilst using the demo bike. Cycling 2000 do not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions.
2. Each rider is responsible for providing their own insurance protection while using a demo bike. Any accident or injury caused by the rider’s actions will be the full responsibility of said rider.
3. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider.
4. Each rider, upon signing the booking form, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the demo bike.
5. The booking form must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. Evidence of age may be requested.
6. The rider agrees to wear, as a minimum, a suitably designed cycling specific helmet while using the demo bike. Cycling 2000 reserve the right to refuse demo bike use to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
7. The rider agrees to return the bike to the demo bike staff. Failure to return the bike will result in Cycling 2000 recovering the full retail value of the bike from the rider.
8. The rider is responsible for any negligent damage caused to the bike. The cost of any damage caused (over and above standard wear and tear) will be recovered from the rider.
9. Photo ID must be provided before the demo bike(s) will be released to the participant. Only nationally recognised forms of ID will be accepted i.e. Photo driving license and passport
Download Our Test/Hire Form
Test Ride Hire Form
Cycling 2000 218 Dallow Street Burton on Trent Staffordshire DE14 2PG
Fill in the fields below to be subscribed to Cycling 2000 Newsletter!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.